Wednesday’s 4:45pm-7:00pm (Bus)
Sunday’s 10:30am-2:00pm (outdoor food distribution)
Mobile Hope is proud to have an active and thriving volunteer program. Each month, volunteers contribute approximately 400 hours to support our mission. Allowing members of the community to support others in the community is the heart of our mission. Quite simply – we could not exist without the support we receive from our volunteers!
Mobile Hope has created a volunteer program that is flexible, fun and offers a variety of opportunities. We love students, groups and even families who can volunteer regularly or even just one time. Please be sure to mention any special skills you may have so your volunteer experience can be useful and enjoyable.
- We require all our volunteers to complete a volunteer application and meet with our staff before they begin their service. A training session is given to all new volunteers.
- Different types of volunteer opportunities are available each day. Opportunities include:
- Sorting and stocking donated items in our facility and on our bus
- Administrative support
- Special events and projects
- Some volunteer jobs require a regular time commitment.
- We welcome volunteers of all ages. We have volunteers as young as 4 who can lend a hand! We encourage parents to show their children the importance of giving to their community and the joy found in helping others.
- The children who receive our services are encouraged, but not required, to help.
- Mobile Hope accepts youth volunteers needing to perform service hours for their church, school, club and certain types of court-mandated community service.
- Groups are encouraged to volunteer. Please contact our office for a group application and allow 2 weeks processing.
- Mobile Hope accepts court mandated hours; however we do not accept offenses of theft, abuse or violence of any nature. Anyone fulfilling court mandated hours must complete an application, have an interview with Mobile Hope staff and provide probation contact information. Contact Carmen Artz at (703) 771-1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.